- Hemp Agronomy 101," by Hemp Oil of Canada, inc. 2006. Informative two page flyer.
- "Industrial Hemp Specialty Crop Fact Sheet," by British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture and Food. September 1999. Comprehensive, albeit dated Fact Sheet documenting many aspects of the hemp plant.
- "Why Industrial Hemp?" by Vote Hemp, Inc. One page overview of the many uses of industrial hemp.
- Alberta Hemp Cost of Production & Market Assessment by Serecon Management Consulting, Inc for Alberta Agricultural and Rural Development, Economics and Competitiveness Division. March 2012. Feasibility study of Alberta’s industrial hemp industry value chain, including primary production and processing.
- Considerations for Growing Industrial Hemp: Implications for Kentucky’s Farmers and Agricultural Economy, University of Kentucky, 2013 - This report examines industrial hemp’s potential as a viable crop in Kentucky. The report concludes that profitable opportunities may exist for a limited number of farmers and processors, particularly in seed and oil.
- Industrial Hemp in the United States: Status and Market Potential, Economic Research Service (ERS), USDA, 2000 - Includes potential production and processing reports, markets and testing.
- National Industrial Hemp Strategy Final Complete, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiative and Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada; 2008.
- Report on European Industrial Hemp, European Industrial Hemp Association, 2010, p. 43 - This annual report discusses the newest developments and products from the European hemp industry.
- "Hemp as an Agricultural Commodity," by Renee Johnson, Specialist in Agricultural Policy for the Congressional Research Service. July 24, 2013. Comprehensive report covering all aspects of hemp.
- Hemp Chapter, Drug War Facts. Comprehensive listing of hemp-related facts along with linked source documents to support them.
- Hemp: A New Crop with New Uses for North America, Ernest Small and David Marcus, 2002.
- Industrial Hemp: The Ultimate Web Resource for Hemp - Extensive links to industrial hemp resources, news stories and trade associations.
- Industrial Hemp Report, Minnesota Department of Agriculture, 2010 - The commissioner of agriculture identifies and analyzes industrial hemp laws and procedures in Canada or one or more of the other 30 nations where industrial hemp is grown as an agricultural crop. In particular, the commissioner reports on how law enforcement and other authorities differentiate between industrial hemp and marijuana growing in the field.
- Industrial Hemp Statistics, Statistics Canada, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, 2008.
- The Case for Hemp as a Biofuel, University of Washington, 2008 - This paper considers if using hemp to produce biodiesel and ethanol results in higher yields of ethanol than competing cellulosic crops including corn and switchgrass.
- Global Hemp Website - This Web site explores industrial hemp as a renewable resource, explaining how it can be used in food, cosmetics, fuel, textiles, paper, cleaners and paint and building materials.
- Hemp: A sustainable raw material for bio-based composites, Bioplastics magazine, 2010, p. 36.
- Hemp Biomass for Energy, Fuel and Fiber Company, revised 2006.
- Hemp Fabric Goes High Fashion, Hemp Industries Association, 2008 - This association estimates that the North American retail market for hemp textiles and fabrics exceeded $100 million in 2007 and is growing around 10 percent per year, about the same rate as the general hemp market.
- Hemp Oil and Hemp Fiber, Crop Production Costs, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives, Manitoba, Canada, 2008.
- Hemp Seeds and Hemp Oil as Food, European Industrial Hemp Association, 2009.
- Industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) as a papermaking raw material in Minnesota: technical, economic and environmental considerations, Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund, 2001.
- An Assessment of Industrial Hemp Production in Maine, Maine Agricultural Center, 2006.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Ontario, Ontario, Canada, reviewed 2009 - Includes a cost and return budget.
- Hemp, National Centre for Biorenewable Energy, Fuels and Materials, United Kingdom (UK), 2010 - Information on growing, harvesting and storing hemp in the UK and its uses as a non-food crop.
- Hemp, Alberta Agriculture and Food, Canada, 2007.
- Hemp in Ontario, OMAFRA, Ontario, Canada.
- Hemp heaven… and hell: A story in two parts, Rodale Institute.
- Industrial Hemp: A cropping guide for farmers, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada, 2007.
- Industrial Hemp Production, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, 2013.
- Vote Hemp Report - Comprehensive 2002/2003 industry overview.
- Industrial Hemp, Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) - Founded in 2005, the EIHA today has 70 members from 24 different countries.
- Hemp Industries Association - Association working to change regulations and policies prohibiting the use of hemp for commercial purposes.
- HEMPTECH, the Industrial Hemp Information Network - This network provides news services and other resources about the history and use of industrial hemp.
- Ohio Hemp Chamber of Commerce: promotes economic development in Ohio through hemp related industry and agriculture.
- Vote Hemp - This nonprofit organization is dedicated to the acceptance of and free market for industrial hemp.
- Hemp Report - A Canadian subscription-based online trade journal.
- North American Industrial Hemp Council - News and government updates on the status of industrial hemp.
This Research and Resources page is sponsored by the Ohio Rights Group Education Fund.
Please support our charitable and educational work by making a generous tax deductible donation.
Do you like this post?