Collect Signatures on Election Day!
The Ohio Rights Group is asking volunteers to collect signatures for the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment at their county's early voting location and at their polling place on Election Day, November 4th. The signatures gathered at these locations are of high value since all potential signers will be both registered voters and residents of that county.
Please follow these quick, easy steps:
- Sign-up as an Ohio Rights Group Volunteer. Your name will be sent to a county manager and will also be added to our mailing list to receive news and updates.
- Register to collect signatures for the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment and download a petition. You must register again to collect signatures and download petitions. You can download as many petitions as you want, but they must be downloaded one at a time.
- Read the Petition Instructions very carefully. Make sure that you are qualified to collect signatures, that you fully understand the procedures and that you properly fill out all paperwork, including the circulator statement.
- Understand the rules for collecting signatures at polling locations. Please stay outside of "neutral zone," which is defined as within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling location and is marked by two small United States flags.
- Find your early voting location, which is often your local Board of Elections. Make sure you know the dates and times the location will be open. You can collect signatures during any time when the early voting location is open. Note that the rules for early voting locations are the same as those for polling locations.
- Find your local polling location where you can vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 4th. Polls will be open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. You can both vote and collect signatures during this time.
- Make sure you that have plenty of supplies: petitions, clipboards and pens. Dress warmly and comfortably. And please remember that you are representing the Ohio Rights Group and the cannabis issue. Be kind, considerate and make us proud!
- Have fun! Collecting signatures can be both rewarding and fun. You'll meet new people and get the message out, while moving the Amendment closer to the ballot.
- Contact the Ohio Rights Group if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 614-300-0529.